Friday, August 5, 2011

BLOGGING TWILIGHT, The Rough Drafts

I'm moving in like ten days, so I have been packing up my old apartment. Now, I'm a borderline hoarder, as it turns out, and I have been coming across various scraps of paper that later became AFO episodes, essays and of course blog posts. I doubt you can read my handwriting, but it was sort of fun for me to find this shit; I'd forgotten that I wrote most of Blogging Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipse out by hand, but I did. I should totally pick up that habit again, it was an affectation that impressed the hell out of most of my college professors. Do you guys still write things by hand?

4 comments:

HeyMolli, why the fuck isn't my account working said...

I'll write things out occasionally, but I'm usually pressed for time, so I mostly choose the faster route.

That doesn't hold true for all things, though. All my poetry, songs, and stories are first written out in one of the millions of crap notebooks I have around.

I like these posts, where we get to see some of the process, as messy as it is. :D (I have worse handwriting than you, trust me.)

Kim said...

Nice. I write things out by hand all the time. It's more satisfying than typing and there are certain things i just can't handle on a computer screen. Like, if I'm doing major editing on something, I have to print it out and, like, cut the paragraphs apart to rearrange it.

Kris said...

I write by hand because I always have paper and pens with me and I get inspired by the weirdest things at the weirdest moments. I was at my dentist, getting my teeth cleaned, and I had to stop her to write out this quick character bio that popped into my head.

Anonymous said...

wait- what? you're not an uber human genious that writes all this spontaneously... ?

well that explain why it's so well written! this saved my world view...

p.s. yes, i'm naive.:P